We all know what a DIY website means! Yes, you get it right. It is nothing but a website created by the owner, without any assistance from professionals. And there are many tools available to facilitate you and offer a range of pre-defined set-ups, theme, and easy usability! Some of the popular ones are WIX, Weebly, Shopify. In the name of affordable web design services, you must not put your business at stake. A wrong decision while creating the website can direct your business to the wrong path as a website is the face of business in the digital ecosystem! This puts people into a quandary. And to come out, it is paramount to dive into the pros and cons of the DIY websites:
- DIY websites are often inexpensive or free.
- You can create your website fairly quickly and manage it yourself without the need of hiring someone for minor edits and updates.
- You don’t need to learn web design. DIY templates make it easy and even fun to create and see your website come to life. Many credible platforms have tutorials and documentation to guide you through the process making it rather rewarding to create your website.
- Hosting is already provided along with basic features and security.
- Comes with preset SEO and insight analytical features are already provided.
- Drag and drop features make it very easy to for the user to update colours, pictures and fonts with use of the provided templates without the need to know how to code.
- Time consuming. It’s worth weighing in the cost of time spent creating a website or growing your business
- You get what you pay for. Unreliable and low level hosting and slower loading time which often cannot be fixed without paying a larger fee to switch.
- Limitations to the customisation. With the limited templates available, you can be rest assured that several other businesses have a similar looking website making it hard for your business website to stand out.
- Almost all DIY website have limitations on optimising your website for SEO. These analytics tools are often limited and engineered to direct you to pay additional fees adding up the monthly costs.
- Free plans are loaded with ads and to get rid of them you have to upgrade your plan.
- It is often difficult or impossible to migrate your website to another provide and you end up loosing the current website and recreating it again, hence loosing all that time and effort.
- Many of them offer fixed or limited packages to encourage you to upgrade and pay for additional features by means of subscription packages which often end up costing more than paying a web designer
- You never OWN the website. You essentially “rent” the hosting with these providers and while it appears to be affordable to begin with, there’s a lot more to loose.
It might look fascinating to go with DIY but at the cost of business! It’s better not to fall in the trap of these website builders. Better you approach some professional company and hire experts. You will get the best solution and a space to show your creative side too. Isn’t it a good idea! Readymade affordable web design services could not guarantee always!
It’s Time to Switch
Though there are some benefits of DIY website builders definitely, the cons outweigh. A nicely built website with specific customizations can offer you a lot more benefits to your business than the self-made ones. For this, we are here to help you.
LET US HELP YOU
We listen. We implement. We create solutions that suits your business.